Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A sugary review

So, when I found out about Duncan Hines new Frosting Creations Flavor Mixes I had to check them out. When I discovered they had a Cotton Candy flavor I just about lost it and drooled all over my keyboard. Cotton Candy could be one of my main food groups. No exaggerations. I eat it all the time, every time I go somewhere that has it, have a Cotton Candy maker and even buy ten bags of the store bought kind every time I catch it included in Kroger's ten for ten sale.

It's safe to say I'm obsessed.

Duncan Hines even provides two recipes on their website. A Cotton Candy Cake Pop and Cotton Candy Cupcakes. Both of which look absolutely delicious.


I decided that I would try out making a Cotton Candy cupcake. I didn't get fancy at all with my cupcakes, just wanted to try out this new icing for taste.




I used a plain white cake mix, the Cotton Candy flavor pack and the starter icing. Overall, I am happy with them. The taste is really sweet and the Cotton Candy flavor does come through. I am thinking I am going to try using two flavor packages next time around to add more Cotton Candy flavor. I wish I hadn't eaten all my Cotton Candy so I could have added a little decoration but oh well.

I recommend you try out these new flavor packets and see what you can come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...