Thursday, March 8, 2012

Simple dinner idea

I am in no way, shape or form a chef but after a nice evening spent in Barnes & Nobel, specifically the cooking section, I was motivated to go home and whip up a quick meal with what I already have handy. I raided my fridge, as well as my cabinets and came up with the idea of an asparagus pasta dish with a sauce.


Quick run down of what you need and how it was made:

What:
Asparagus
Pasta (any will work, I used angel hair)
Salt
Pepper
Fresh Garlic
Basil
Fresh Shredded Parmesan
Vegetable Oil
1/2 cup of the water the asparagus was cooked in

I didn't do any real measuring besides the amount of asparagus water I used, just wing it to your taste!

How:
Chop and boil asparagus
Boil pasta
Mix 1/2 cup asparagus water and a small amount of your cooked asparagus along with the other ingredients listed above in the blender. Blend about a minute. My sauce ended up a wonderful light green color.

Finally, mix it all up in big bowl, serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...